Lincoln House Fire Ruled Accidental

The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled that Monday’s house fire in Lincoln was accidental, caused by flammable vapors that were ignited by an electrical source.

[By Loudoun County Fire-Rescue]
[Loudoun County Fire-Rescue]
The fire on Lincoln Road in the village started at approximately 9:30 p.m., with fire and rescue units from Purcellville, Hamilton, Round Hill, Philomont, Lovettsville, Brambleton, Leesburg and Loudoun Heights called to respond.

Crews arrived to find flames showing from the first and second floor of the home, which was built in the late 1700s or early 1800s. The fire resulted in a total loss, valued at $304,000. The house is owned by an elderly couple who were not at home at the time.

The Loudoun County Fire Marshal’s Office issued a reminder for residents to use caution when handling flammable liquids, including these tips:

  • Avoid smoking around gasoline or other flammable liquids.
  • Follow manufacturers’ instructions and guidelines when using gasoline or other flammable liquids. Do not 
use them as a cleaning solvent or to remove grease/oil from automotive parts, your hands or clothing.
  • Do not pour gasoline or other flammable liquids down the sink or into a storm drain. This creates an 
explosion potential.
  • Store gasoline and flammable liquids in approved containers that are properly labeled.
  • Store flammable liquids in a detached garage, in an outside storage area, or a listed flammable liquids cabinet.


Leave a Reply