Because of an increase in flu-like illnesses at Inova Loudoun Hospital, temporary restrictions on visitation will be enacted beginning Wednesday, March 2 at 7 a.m.
These rules will apply to visitors at the hospital until further notice:
- No visitors under the age of 16
- No visitors with any symptoms of influenza-like illness
- Patients will be limited to a maximum of two visitors at a time
- Visitors may be issued masks for use while visiting, and asked to wash hands frequently
- For patients in the Women’s and Children’s Units and the Adult Critical Care, and Oncology, additional measures may apply.
A patient care companion is not a visitor, and is allowed to stay with the patient.
“These temporary measures will help protect against influenza infection of the most vulnerable among us, including inpatients with compromised immune systems as well as our caregivers,” stated Dr. Loring Flint, Inova’s chief medical officer. “We appreciate everyone’s consideration and cooperation as, together, we work to assure the health and safety of our community during flu season.”