The Middleburg-based Cherry Blossom Breast Cancer Foundation has for the 10th year in a row provided funds for eight area nonprofit organizations.
Those receiving the grants were:
- Leesburg’s Healthworks, $25,000 to provide breast cancer services; • Blue Ridge Hospice, $10,000;
- Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers, $7,000;
- Casting for Recovery, $2,000;
- Loudoun Breast Health Network, $4,000;
- Novant Health System, $10,000;
- The IIIBs Foundation, $1,000; and
- Inova Health Foundation, $6,000 plus a $19,000 reallocation of a previous grant.
The all-volunteer Cherry Blossom nonprofit was founded in 2007, and named in memory of breast cancer victim, Cheryl Clayton Atkins—known by her family as “Cherry Blossom.” The organization has distributed about $700,000 in donations.
For more information, go to cherryblossombreastcancerfoundation.org.