Nominations are being accepted for the Town of Leesburg 15th Annual Business Awards in 10 award categories.
Information about award criteria, an online nomination form and tips on submitting competitive nominations can be viewed at leesburgva.gov/businessawards. The submission deadline is Friday, April 15.
The award categories are:
- Ambassador Award – Celebrates a business or organization that promotes a positive image of Leesburg as a business location or tourist destination.
- Community Steward Award – Celebrates a business or organization that actively contributes its time, talent and resources to community improvement efforts.
- Environmental Award – Celebrates a business that leads or participates in activities that benefit the environment through its business practices and policies.
- Heritage Award – Celebrates a thriving business or organization that has made a long-term commitment to preserving the integrity and character of Leesburg’s Old & Historic District.
- Home-Based Business Award – Celebrates the owner of a unique business, operated from a residence located within Leesburg.
- Innovations Award – Celebrates a business or organization that has brought recognition to Leesburg through innovative business ventures, unique product development or other cutting edge business practices.
- New Business Award – Celebrates a new business started in 2015 that is respectful of Leesburg’s past and represents the best of the Town’s future.
- Public Art Award – Celebrates a business, organization or individual that contributes to the development of the Town’s public art program, or actively supports the arts within the Town of Leesburg.
- Veterans Affairs Award – Celebrates an individual, business or organization that supports veterans of all conflicts through the practice of exceptional citizenship and leadership.
- The George C. Marshall Award – Celebrates an individual who has demonstrated an exemplary commitment to the community above and beyond business contributions.
Eligible nominees for all categories must have the primary physical location of the company, organization or business entity within the corporate limits of the Town of Leesburg. Businesses must possess a valid Town of Leesburg business license, must be in compliance with all town ordinances and must have been in operation for at least one year. Nominees for the George C. Marshall Corporate Citizen Award are not required to reside within the town.
“Connecting with the Leesburg business community at our premier event brings to light all the reasons that Leesburg is a fantastic place to do business,” said Marantha Edwards, Economic Development Director. “Holding this event during Loudoun Small Business Week is truly a celebration of small businesses, the key to our economy.”
The nominees and award recipients will be recognized at the 15th Annual Business Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, May 18, in the lower level conference space at the Ida Lee Recreation Center.
For more information, contact Edwards at 703-737-7019.