Trump to Stump in Ashburn on Tuesday

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump will make his first Loudoun campaign stop tomorrow, with an event planned at Briar Woods High School in Ashburn.

The event is scheduled for 11 a.m.

The campaign has opened online registration for free tickets.

Democrat Hillary Clinton already has made one Loudoun campaign stop, with a visit to a Stone Ridge coffee house in May.

During the past two presidential campaigns, candidates from both parties have made Loudoun—a critical swing county in a swing state—a frequent stop. Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Mitt Romney, Ann Romney, Joe Biden and Sarah Palin all have held rallies in the county.

15 thoughts on “Trump to Stump in Ashburn on Tuesday

• 2016-08-02 at 4:42 pm

All right. I respect your views on voting. They are yours, and yours alone. So here it is; you don’t lump me in with hard core christian conservatives and their ill-conceived blindness in this election, and I will no longer lump you in with goose stepping democrats who would make a North Korean secret police brigade lower their heads in shame.

Fair enough? We’ll stick with the personal jabs between us, and the issues at hand.

And i do mean it Lawgh; you and I likely have far more in common than you think.

• 2016-08-02 at 3:55 pm

Chris, I fear you have missed my point. Out of principle, there are offices on the ballot that I do not vote, because I have objections to all candidates for that office. I do not have any problems leaving a few ovals not filled in on a ballot, when none of the candidates are acceptable to me. Do not presume from that that I intend on voting for Hill C, or anyone else. My point is, I do not think it acceptable to hold my nose and vote for what really amounts to a no vote. I proudly caste my votes FOR someone. And I think we are at a point when that needs to be pointed out. Too many of us are saying Donald Trump is unacceptable, but do we really want Hill C. I will have none of that talk.

• 2016-08-02 at 2:46 pm

Lawgh, my friend. I do know of Mr. Farris, but have never met him. I’ll bet you a bottle of whisky you and I have more common ground than I’d have with Mr. Farris. I know all the lefties are upset with him because of his conservative views, and the job he’s done at PH. Alas, his opinions mean nothing to me. His vote is his own. Sad to see him voting for same old, same old Clinton.

But let’s talk about you… You have consistently made it plain where you stand on every issue (That’s good). But trying to appear to have had some sudden revelation this week after all of the phony press frenzy. Let me express it as Deon Sanders would — “Come On Man!”

• 2016-08-02 at 2:13 pm

Chris, my very good friend. So, what explanation do you have for Michael Farris, who I am sure you know of, who refuses to support Donald Trump, on MORAL GROUNDS! I suspect that is based, not on party lines, but on a higher authority. And again, candidates for public office must earn my vote. Principle counts. I do not sell out my principles.

• 2016-08-02 at 1:33 pm

Dear democrat left wingers

When you guys and gals receive your party approved talking points, could you at least work out a scheme which at least makes it appear slightly plausible and not so coordinated?

And you Lawgh… You know better. Trying spin that it just came to you this week, that you’re voting your goose stepping party line. Most everyone knows you a little bit better than that.

• 2016-08-02 at 9:13 am

After what I have seen in the press over the past week, it is now very clear that Donald Trump is not qualified to be President. Who in their right mind, insults the family, and memory, of a soldier who died for his country. Who in their right mind, tells Russia, sack Eastern Europe and the United States will do nothing about it. Who in their right mind, would run a campaign for President in the manner of a third world dictator. For those who say they cannot vote for a democrat, there is an honorable option: one that I have used many times during elections. If I do not find any candidate for that office acceptable to me, I skip that office. My vote is earned, not thrown away.

• 2016-08-02 at 5:06 am

Seriously, the school board is allowing him to use a county school ? Why not hold it at his own golf course?

• 2016-08-01 at 9:19 pm

You are not welcome here in my town Ashburn Va. Mr. Trump. I am a life long Republican and cannot vote for you . Any logical person would access a(relatively?) unbiased news source and compare the sins of Trump vs. Clinton. It has gone beyond the positions on issues it is also a question of competency and decency.

• 2016-08-01 at 11:19 pm

@brikeyes: If you are really a republican, then I must be unicorn from mars.
      Lets get real. You are a democrat Shilling for Hillary

You are willing support a candidate that time and time again sold the country to the highest bidder. How can you logically support Hillary? How can you decently support Hillary Candidacy?

• 2016-08-01 at 7:03 pm

How can anyone in Virginia support this guy who has spent the last few days trashing a Gold Star Family who are Virginians? If you love our veterans and their families stay away!! Remember, he not only trashes this Gold Star Family he trashed John McCain for serving and being held a prisoner of war. Disgusting!!!!!

• 2016-08-01 at 5:16 pm

this guy cannot be president he is NOT QUALIFIED

fact check dot org and look at all the facts then vote

• 2016-08-01 at 4:26 pm

He’d do better farther west, where some will vote for a rock if it has an R on it.

• 2016-08-01 at 4:19 pm

Thanks for the WARNING. Where can I send him copy of the US Constitution?
    Anthony V, Fasolo
    LTC, USA (ret)

• 2016-08-01 at 11:22 pm

Are you say the US Constitution bars Trump from running for Presidency?
      I think you might looking at something else entirely.