The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office and Virginia State Police conducted a traffic checkpoint operation on Rt. 287 north of Purcellville yesterday, issuing a slew of citations.
Between 1 and 4 p.m., 956 vehicles passed through the checkpoint and 40 were detained for screening.
As a result of the operation:
- eight drivers were issued a notice for not having a Loudoun County decal or displaying one expired decals;
- six drivers were issued summons for operating vehicles with expired registrations;
- 21 drivers were issued summons for having expired inspection stickers; displayed;
- two drivers were cited for having an expired operator’s licenses.
- one driver tried to avoid the checkpoint by making a U-turn across a double solid yellow line was stopped and issued a summons for reckless driving; and
- one driver was arrested for operating a vehicle with a revoked-DUI related license. In addition, the driver was served with an outstanding capias for failing to appear.
Also, five summonses and five warnings were issued for other non-moving violations.