Visit Loudoun has put out its annual call for its tourism awards program, designed to showcase the work and contributions of individuals and organizations serving in the county’s tourism industry.
The 2016 winners will be recognized during Visit Loudoun’s Annual Meeting & Tourism Awards luncheon May 11 at the Holiday Inn Washington Dulles.
Individuals who work in the tourism industry are invited to nominate candidates in nine categories:
– Tourism Management Employee of the Year
– Love Loudoun Ambassador
– Tourism Volunteer of the Year
– New Event of the Year
– Annual Event of the Year
– Tourism Promotion/Campaign of the Year
– Back of the House Hero
– Action Award for an individual or organization that assisted or aided others, and Visit Loudoun’s highest honor—
– Judy Patterson Award, recognizing those who demonstrate. extraordinary commitments to promoting tourism in the county.
The Back of the House Hero and the Action award categories are new. The Love Loudoun Ambassador award replaces the previous Front Line Employee award, while the New Event of the Year and the Annual Event of the Year awards will no longer been given in large event and small event categories.
The deadline to submit nominations is 4 p.m. March 1.
Entries must be for individuals, organizations or programs for activities that occurred or were completed during 2016. Programs that were begun in 2016 will be considered for 2017 awards.
For more information, go to visitloudoun.org/tourism-industry.