The Loudoun Impact Fund awarded $106,500 in grants to 12 charities serving Loudoun County. The awards were made possible through the generosity of nearly 50 individuals and businesses that pooled charitable gifts.
The Loudoun Impact Fund brings together individuals and businesses interested in grantmaking administered through a joint effort of the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia and the Community Foundation for Loudoun and Northern Fauquier Counties.
Participants make a gift of $1,000 per individual or $5,000 per business to join the giving circle. Members review proposals submitted from area charities and decide together which charities to grant. More than $540,000 in grant requests were received.
Loudoun Impact Fund members decided 2017 grantmaking would address youth, disabled, and elderly charitable needs. The 2017 grants included:
- $7,000 to seed a Loudoun County Stroke Comeback Center, in partnership with ARC of Loudoun and Paxton Campus;
- $10,000 to INMED to support an after-school program for at-risk youth;
- $5,000 to Children’s Science Center’s STEM partnership with Loudoun County Public Schools for low-income youth;
- $10,000 to A Place To Be for therapeutic day programs for individuals with special needs and disabilities;
- $10,000 to Loudoun Hunger Relief, in partnership with HealthWorks, providing low-income elders with on-site fresh foods and vegetables;
- $15,000 to Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter’s Child Advocacy Center to support added staffing for abused youth services;
- $5,000 to Loudoun Education Foundation to help staff its Backpack Coalition providing food to low-income youth;
- $10,000 to Loudoun Literacy and its school-based literacy program for low-income children and families;
- $5,000 to Fenwick Foundation to launch a dental-care program for elder residents in two Medicaid based nursing and rehab centers in Loudoun County;
- $12,000 to Loudoun Volunteer Caregivers to support its financial management, transportation and volunteer-based services for elders;
- $10,000 to Women Giving Back, providing clothing and supplies for low-income children;
- and $7,500 to All Ages Read Together for its low-income early childhood reading programs.
Learn more at CommunityFoundationLF.org.