Letter: Gina Wooden, Sterling

Editor: Del. Nick Freitas, now a Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, voted to have Virginia pay for 51 percent  or $78 million of the money going to the Metro from DC, Maryland and Virginia. DC and Maryland would split the other 49 percent at about $38 million apiece. All this for one stop not located on the Dulles airport site and consisting of 2 miles of track in Virginia.

Instead of expanding Metro into Loudoun there should have been a binding resolution paying them to stay away. This expenditure is for six years, mind you This is not an economic engine and it is not a transportation cure unless you like subsidizing riders by 10 bucks a trip.

Metro in Loudoun is a boondoggle on steroids and somehow Freitas call it “Liberty Rising” to have the Virginia taxpayer pay more than their fair share. There are other reasons not to vote for Freitas—like easier immigration that he spouts off about but I am limited by a word count. It just shows that some people are better warriors then politicians. Vote for Stewart and America.

Gina Wooden, Sterling

2 thoughts on “Letter: Gina Wooden, Sterling

  • 2018-04-02 at 9:39 am
    Permalink

    Virginia will pay 40 million more than either of the other localities. This is for the next 6 years but Freitas delivers a speech and the never Trumpers go wild.

  • 2018-04-03 at 4:01 pm
    Permalink

    If Freitas was to win the senate seat would you trust him to back Trump or should we worry that he would side with democrats and vote for impeachment?

Leave a Reply