Disposed Matches Blamed in Brambleton Fire

A Saturday evening fire at a Brambleton home resulted in an estimated $350, 000 in damage and displaced two residents, according to Loudoun County Fire-Rescue.

Crews from the Brambleton, Moorefield, Dulles South, Ashburn, Leesburg, Kincora, Aldie stations were called to the Klondike Court home at 5:30 p.m. Jan. 30 after dispatchers were alerted to smoke coming from the structure.

They found active fire in the basement and smoke showing from several floors. Firefighters quickly entered the home and extinguished the fire within 15 minutes of their arrival.

The two residents were located at a neighbor’s home. One adult occupant was transported to the hospital for evaluation of a medical emergency.

The Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental, caused by the improper disposal of matches. The displaced occupants will be staying with relatives.

Leave a Reply