The Purcellville Town Council tonight will begin narrowing the list of candidates to fill a vacant seat. Ten residents have applied for the post.
The council last week voted to fill the seat vacated by former Vice Mayor Ben Packard from a pool of all interested residents. Tonight, the council will meet in special closed session with the intent of narrowing the list to four to be formally interviewed Feb. 16.
The applicants are:
- Marcos Salinas, Harvest View Court;
- Ryan Cool, Devonshire Circle;
- Rebecca Evans Visna, West J Street;
- Raul Aramayo, Overridge Court;
- James Wiley, Glenmeade Circle;
- Amanda Athilia Kadilak, 419 McDaniel Drive;
- Ron Rise, Burnleigh Court;
- Melanie Fuller, Heartwood Court;
- Kelli Grim, Devonshire Circle; and
- Eamon McAdoo Coy, South Nursery Avenue.
Packard resigned Jan. 12 because he is moving out of town. The appointee will serve on the council until a special election is held May 3.