There has never been more for visitors to see and do in Loudoun County and Visit Loudoun on Thursday celebrated those who help keep the tourism industry growing.
It was the 21st year for the county’s tourism awards program, held during National Travel and Tourism Week at the Holiday Inn Washington Dulles.
Hospitality industry leaders were asked to nominate staff, programs and events that best demonstrated exceptional work for promoting Loudoun as a destination during 2016. Winners were selected by an industry awards review committee.
The 2016 winners were:
- Annual Tourism Event of the Year: the 78th Annual Ladies Board Rummage Sale
- New Tourism Event of the Year: United States Specialty Sports Association Class “C” National Championships
- Tourism Branding, Marketing or Promotional Campaign of the Year: Go Big Campaign, National Conference Center
- Tourism Volunteer of the Year : Bonnie Getty, chairwoman of the Waterford Fair Historic Homes Tour
- Manager of the Year Tourism Award: Mark Underwood, Ford’s Fish Shack
- Tourism Action Award: National Conference Center Project Search
- Back of the House Hero Tourism Award: Co-Winners: Reina Ruiz, Assistant Housekeeping Manager, Hampton Inn Cascades; and German Lopez, Grounds Technician, Goodstone Inn & Restaurant
- #LoveLoudoun Ambassador Tourism Award: Jamil Chaudhry, Bellman, National Conference Center
- Steve Hines Partner of the Year: Stone Tower Winery
- Distinguished Partnership Award: Bechtel Panda Stonewall Power Project
- Judy Patterson Tourism Award: Dr. Sheila Johnson, Salamander Resort & Spa and Middleburg Film Festival