September is Workforce Development Month and the Loudoun Workforce Resource Center will be offering special events and workshops for job seekers and employers.
Coffee with a Career Counselor
Stop by to talk with a Career Counselor and get job search advice.
- Sept. 5, 9 – 11 a.m., Ridgetop Coffee & Tea, 21631 Ridgetop Circle, Sterling
- Sept. 12, 8:30 -10:30 a.m., Happy Creek Coffee & Tea, 550 E. Main St., Purcellville
- Sept. 12, 9 – 11 a.m., Blend Coffee Bar, 43170 Southern Walk Plaza #120, Ashburn
Job Seeker Workshops
- Disabilities & Workplace Accommodations, Sept. 10, 9 – 10 a.m.:Learn about best practices for requesting accommodations in the workplace.
- Surviving & Thriving After Job Loss, Sept. 17, 10 – 11:30 a.m.: Discover your strengths and abilities as you pursue new job opportunities.
Prepare for the Hire Loudoun Career Fair
Several events are planned to help job seekers prepare for the upcoming Hire Loudoun Career Fair Sept. 20 at the Dulles Airport Marriott Hotel.
- Mock Interviews for Hire Loudoun, Sept. 18, 1 – 3 p.m.: 30-minute, one-on-one sessions to help job seekers get ready to speak with employers
- Know Before You Go: Navigating a Career Fair, Sept. 19, 10 a.m. – noon: Prepare for a successful experience at the Hire Loudoun event.
- 5-Minute Resume Clinic: Get advice on your resume with an employment specialist. Walk-ins are welcome.
All job seeker and career fair workshops are free, however registration is required. Register at loudoun.gov/wrcworkshops. All workshops will be at the Workforce Resource Center, 102 Heritage Way, NE in Leesburg. Walk-ins are welcome for the center’s five-minute resume clinic.