Commissioner of the Revenue Robert S. Wertz Jr. has compiled his annual list of the biggest real estate taxpayers in Loudoun.
Wertz’s list contains only properties that are assessed by his office—in other words, not properties owned by public utilities, which are assessed by the State Corporation Commission, or Dulles International Airport.
This year, for the first time since 2015, the biggest property owner in Loudoun by real estate value is not Toll Road Investors Partnership II, the owners of the Dulles Greenway. They have been passed by data center property owner and Digital Realty subsidiary Digital Loudoun 3 LLC.
Before 2015, the biggest property tax payers in Loudoun were the Dulles Town Center Mall and the Verizon campus now known as Quantum Park, formerly the home of MCI WorldCom. Those properties remain some of the biggest and most valuable plots of land in the county, but have fallen behind other major landholders in value.
This is the first year that a data center owner has been the biggest property owner in Loudoun, and this year data centers dominate the list.
Here are the top 10 real property owners in Loudoun, by assessed value:
- Digital Loudoun 3 LLC, data centers: $439,746,950
- Toll Road Investors Partnership II LP, the Dulles Greenway: $381,830,700
- CyrusOne LLC, data centers: $352,823,590
- Digital Loudoun Parkway Center North LLC, data centers: $339,144,38
- Chelsea GCA Realty Partnership LP, Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets: $270,036,580
- Redwood-ERC Ashburn LLC, Ashby Ponds retirement community: $264,781,990
- Equinix RP II LLC, data centers: $220,934,560
- Solace Ashburn DFG LLC, Quantum Park: $203,165,420
- Dulles Town Center Mall LLC, $183,844,810
- ICSP LLC, Amazon data centers, $166,616,480