Letter: Rose Ellen Ray, Leesburg

Editor: I don’t know why the county—any government body—or business would want to mandate the COVID vaccine, especially now that we know more about it.

For example, it is “leaky.” That means the vaccine does not protect you from getting the virus. It also means you can give the virus to someone else, just like an unvaccinated person. This reason alone is enough to reject any mandate to vax. It really isn’t that great of a vaccine to force someone to give up a livelihood.

If the unvaccinated are to be required to be tested regularly, so should the vaccinated.They can both transmit.Or are the vaccinated to be discriminated against, maligned?The PCR test itself is unreliable.It can yield too many false positives and be easily manipulated to do so.

You can’t compare it to childhood vaccines that actually prevent disease, have been used for a long time, and treat diseases that actually harm children.COVID is a serious disease of the elderly with comorbidities, not children. I mention all of this because what a county supervisor reportedly said at a meeting. He remarked since children are vaccinated for many diseases in order to attend school, then the COVID vaccine should also be required.I suppose he also didn’t know children can experience side effects that are worse than the virus.

Another problem with coerced vaccinations is informed consent required by law. How can you give your “informed” consent for the shot when the giver of the shot does not know what is in the vaccine to inform you?There are secret (proprietary) ingredients in the vaccine.The vaccine is unlike other vaccines and considered experimental.We should know.

We now know mandates are without reason.What we don’t know now is why inexpensive early treatment protocols are ignored.They can keep you out of the hospital. Vitamin D, Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine (“cocktails”), etc. have been studied and successfully used, despite of the propaganda against them, but apparently not in Virginia.Why?

Rose Ellen Ray, Leesburg

7 thoughts on “Letter: Rose Ellen Ray, Leesburg

• 2021-10-07 at 5:14 pm

Because it’s about control — Not public health. It’s always been about control.

• 2021-10-08 at 1:11 pm

Those who want to see it as about “control” probably don’t wear seatbelts either. Not every policy is a boogieman, it is possible I don’t want you to get sick, or in the case that you do, I don’t want to make myself or my loved ones ill as a result. We are all vaccinated but we also have a toddler with leukemia in our extended family and my sister-in-law is battling cancer — I want them to be ok too, just as I would want anyone with health concerns in your family, timsmith.
      Not about control but more about being a good neighbor, being kind and caring, and doing my part.

• 2021-10-07 at 5:40 pm

The writer hits all the cogent points to be against the vaccine. But if truth be told, Covid mandates are the wave of the future. I’m not saying it’s right. But hey, that’s life. I’m fully vaxxed. Of course I worry: Could there really be longterm side effects that aren’t fully known? Are all of us doing enough to safeguard society? I made a decision to get fully vaxxed. For those who don’t, I’m afraid you’ll have to suffer the consequences.

• 2021-10-08 at 1:51 pm

Take another read. There is much that is not cogent.

• 2021-10-08 at 9:16 am

Wow the HCQ crew is out in force today. Can’t we get back to the good old days where we simply injected disinfectant?

• 2021-10-08 at 10:49 am

While realize that this is an “editorial” I’d prefer for Loudoun Now to show a little judgement before publishing such ignorance. Shame on Loudoun Now for giving this person a public “news” forum to spread misinformation.

And I feel sorry for Rose Ellen Ray for being so uninformed. Vaccines don’t mean you are immune, but they help prevent and lessen effects. Covid is NOT just for the elderly or those suffering other illnesses. Children can get it too and in some serious cases children can and have died. I don’t know if you have children Rose Ellen Ray, but I do, and I want them to attend school in person and be kept safe and healthy. In one sentence you say it can’t be compared to traditional vaccines but I implore you to do some research, do some reading on your own and not just watch Fox News or get all your information from Facebook. Our country shut down once before for Polio — my grandma was kept out of school for a year. When offered a Polio vaccine people felt like their prayers were answered and that helped irradiate the disease from this country. How people have turned a public health issue — and it is about public health, not “your right” — into a political issue boggles my mind.

• 2021-10-08 at 2:03 pm

The polio vaccine actually worked 77. Whichever covid shot you’re into, may or may not. You may not like to hear that, but that’s reality. If every single person takes the shot, we’ll still have covid. It’s never going away.

Why some choose to continue to trust polticans and “experts” when for a year and a half we’ve seen a keystone cop show on what or does not work, escapes me. Take your own advice — read on your own. Consult with your medical pro. Look around and see all the hype and hysteria, and ask yourself “Why did it have to be this way?” Why couldn’t our “officials” just come right out and say; We don’t know. We’re working the issue, and we’ll do the best we can.

But they didn’t. They told us a different story everyday. They were so sure, until they weren’t. They cost our kids a years worth of school and social development for something that rarely effects them. You have a better chance of buying the farm on your way to Wegmans today, than you do from covid.
    I have kids in school. I’ve taken the shot. It sounds like you’re the one blindly listening to Big Tech and Big Pharma and Big Government, without even a pause to consider, why are they censoring anybody who disagrees with their never ending moving of the goal posts? Do you really believe those three entities give two craps about you and your comfortable Loudoun lifestyle?

The “shame” is on you for berating LN for publishing differences of opinion in our community.