Letter: Connie Moore, Waterford

If you are like me, you’re tired of hearing about the upcoming Virginia election.

But as an informed citizen, I hope you’ll take just a minute to read this message which is very close to my heart.I’ve never publicly endorsed a candidate via the newspaper, but these are extraordinary times. I personally know the candidate, Paul Siker, and he is a superb choice to represent us in Richmond.

The 2021 race for Virginia House Delegate from the 33rdDistrict could not be more important or more urgent than it is this time around.

Here’s why:The incumbent, Dave LaRock, has made a mockery of democracy instead of working hard for his constituents—you and me.He has consistently spread Covid misinformation, voter fraud conspiracy theories, and even promoted and attended the insurrection at the capitol on January 6th. He has become a total laughingstock throughout both Virginia and the country.

My husband, son, and I enthusiastically endorse Democratic challenger, Paul Siker,for delegate—as a fantastic alternative to the sitting incumbent.

I have personally known and worked closely with Paul for over 20 years, as an elder in my church, as a fellow member of the board of directors for a Loudoun-county based nonprofit, and as a good friend and neighbor. Through these and other organizations , Paul has shown a generous and philanthropic heart for our community.

Paul is an experienced, seasoned, and highly successful business executive who focuses on what really matters, brings level-headed thinking to crucial decision making, is extraordinarily competent and accomplished, and will represent us well at the state level.

This election matters.

Please join us in voting for Paul Siker.

Connie Moore, Waterford

10 thoughts on “Letter: Connie Moore, Waterford

• 2021-10-18 at 8:33 pm

State legislators literally hold people’s lives in their hands. They make policies that directly affect the lives of Virginians — particularly marginalized, lower-income individuals. I’m for Paul Siker. He’s truly a man of the people. Delegate LaRock has shamed Virginia. He’s much better suited for the Stone Age. Please vote Loudoun!

• 2021-10-19 at 1:38 pm

“State legislators literally hold people’s lives in their hands. They make policies that directly affect the lives of Virginians…” Yep, like the Democrats in Richmond that pushed for the transexual bathroom policies in public schools that resulted in at least one sexual assault in Loudoun’s public schools (that we know of) and will result in many more, just as was foretold. A vote for Democrats is a vote for evil.

• 2021-10-19 at 5:12 am

Thank goodness for LaRock, Fight for Schools and the Republican clubs for shining bright lights on the dastardly policies and behavior of the School Board the Commonwealth Attorney and the Superintendent. Keep up the good work!

• 2021-10-19 at 12:55 pm

And you give LaRock a pass on the January 6th attempt to overthrow America’s democracy? If you call that the sort of leadership you think we need more of then by all means vote for Dave LaRock. Cause that sort of nonsense is all you’re going to get from that quarter.

• 2021-10-20 at 5:13 pm

Love – this is an honest question because I don’t know the answer. What was LaRock’s role on Januaey 6th. Did he attend the rally or was he part of the group that stormed the Capitol? Did he encourage others to attend the rally or did he encourage others to storm the Capitol?

If he merely attended and encouraged others to attend to have their voices heard, I support him just as I support those that I support who marched in the BLM marches in the Summer of 2020.

If he participate in the riot at the Capitol or encouraged other to participate than I view him the same as those that participated in the BLM looting.

But to be honest I can’t find anything that indicates what his role was.

• 2021-10-19 at 1:03 pm

I love when people say I tired of all this election stuff, now lets talk about the election.

• 2021-10-19 at 4:40 pm

“focuses on what really matters”!

OK What is his position on the composite index which extracts over $250 million per year out of Loudoun from sales taxes we should get back to support our schools?

OK What is his position on returning Dulles Airport to Virginia so MWAA can pay its fair share of property taxes to Loudoun to support our schools?

OK. Does she support McAuliffe position that anytime prior to complete birth a child can be killed as a matter of choice?

OK. Does he also believe parents should obey public school dictum and not challenge what their children are exposed to? If he doesn’t then is he not supporting McAuliffe?

Nice plea but it is pure partisan BS.
    🙂

• 2021-10-20 at 11:17 am

This part really gets me…

“So many crucial issues come before the state legislators—voting rights, women’s health rights, Covid safety, affordable housing, economic recovery, gun safety, immigration laws, capital punishment . . . to name only a few.”

Yes, we know…. there are many crucial issues.

What we don’t know is where the candidate you are supporting stands on ANY of them. His website is STILL totally devoid of any meaningful platform or policy information. Just a bunch of soft, squishy concepts.

Heck, he still doesn’t identify the party to which he is affiliated.

We don’t need another party line (D) in Richmond. Got too many of those already.